Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 pack of fresh dill (roughly 4+ tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- dash of fresh cracked pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine the herbs, sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Adjust to taste.
- Stir in cucumbers, ready to serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
I made this with 1 1/2 cucumbers and still had some dip remaining that I ate with carrots. So this recipe is definitely liberal enough to add some additional vegetables or more cucumbers. You could also just serve the sour cream with the herbs as a vegetable dip on a veggie tray. A vegan blogger that I follow made a vegan variation of this recipe with radishes in it too.
I also found some fun facts about cucumbers I recommend you check out! They can eliminate bad breath, be used to erase pen and crayon marks, and even prevent a hangover!