Seventy-five percent of federal poultry inspectors say they would not eat chicken.
This recipe is a good one to keep in your playbook when you need to whip up something quick and easy for a party. I think this would be a hit at a sports party or something along those lines. It would also go well with a Mexican meal either on tacos/nachos or served as a side. I made it right before I moved for the first time and it took about 10 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes in the oven. Now my recipe is a smaller portion but it can easily be multiplied if you wanted to bring it as a dish to a party. I’d say my recipe would make about 8+ servings as a side dish or appetizer.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla or corn chips to serve
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese together first. Add in the refried beans, about half a can at a time.
- Add the onion, tomato, and chili powder. Stir.
- Pour into baking pan, I used about a 6in circular pan. Use whatever size you have so that the dip is at least 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the cheese across the top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350. It can be served hot or cold.
Now that I’m finally all settled into my new apartment in Raleigh I should be able to post a little more regularly. It was pretty hectic the past 2-3 weeks with final exams, graduation, and moving several states away! I’m also planning on doing a juice cleanse coming up so I will keep you all posted on how that goes! 🙂