Producing 1 pound of feedlot steak results in the loss of 35 pounds of topsoil. It takes 200 to 1,000 years to form 1 inch of topsoil.
I made this a few months ago from a recipe I found on Pinterest, and it was delicious. Now you can make this with a deep fryer, but I made it a skillet.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 can beer
- 1 bunch washed and trimmed asparagus
- vegetable oil
- Heat the oil, it will be ready when it starts to ripple.
- To make the batter whisk the flour, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. After it is mixed add the beer.
- Dip the asparagus in the batter, then place in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
- To keep them warm if you are using a small skillet you can place the fried asparagus on a lined cookie sheet in the oven at 200 while you fry the rest.
Lemon Herb Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- pinch of salt